Followers

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Tony Hawk RIDE

Anyone with half a brain would look at this and think it's just stupid and not wast money on it.
But I don't have half a brain it would seem, so I did, and what a wast it was.


I might not be a real skate boarder, but I have found the Tony hawk games to be damn fun.
Weather you were jumping off tall buildings into empty swimming pools cramming in as many tricks as you could when sent airborne off the other end, grinding on telephone wires above the city, tricking off ufos in the Bermuda triangle or skating around demons in hell itself, the Tony hawk games were just wacky fun!
But along came "Skate" a game based around realistic skating, a game in which the most simple of tricks like a kick flip can be a challenge, where as in the old Tony hawk games you could do a 900, brake your board over your head and do a wicked guitar solo in a single jump with just a few easy to remember button combos.
To compare Skate and Tony hawk games, would be like comparing gran turismo to Mario cart, they're both racing games but not at all the same thing.
But people compared them all the same, and I don't know, maybe the guys at activation/neversoft thought the games were getting stale and needed a overhaul in light of new competition where there was practically  none before, and so the fun ended.

Tony Hawk RIDE is more of a skate boarding simulator then a game and as you can guess it got rid of all things that made the old games fun.
I didn't play much of the game due crappy batteries that kept dieing, and the game sucking, but from what I did play, the levels are pretty linear, with a start and finish as apposed to the open levels that let you do and explore as you like, heck on easy mode your board is stuck on a rail and can't turn unless you hit a junction.
although they did seem to want to allow players to go big at times, but it's very toned down all the same, it doesn't seem as if you'd get the chance anyway when you're constantly fighting the board.

The board is overly sensitive and can easily send your character into walls or miss jumps and so on.
I remember leaving it upside down and one point and my character started doing all sorts of awesome tricks.
when ever I'd get sick of some bs part of the game I'd sit down, pick up the board and just use my hands, it made it a bit easier, but still played like crap, And no, you can't just use a normal control, the board is required.


Really now, you're much better off buying a real skateboard and practicing on that.
A decent board would cost you about as much as this game, and you might actually get something out of that.

Just say no bro and ignore that pile of crap.

19 comments:

  1. Reminds me of that one skateboard game that I used to play at the arcade, man that game was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know why I never heard much from this game. Not being able to use the gamepad is pretty stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never understood why people kept comparing them 2 franchises either, like you said they are completely different. The Tony Hawk's series was fun to play and hard to 100% complete and thats why I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wanted to be a skate boearder but then I just started watching anime and forgot about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's simply that plastic toys have slowly gone away from the "oh so hip" phase and gone into "you look stupid" era.

    http://quarterqwerty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Skate was fun, I'm sorry you wasted your money on this lousy game though :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't gonna buy this game anyway, but you've totally sealed the deal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It doesn't look very appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Horrible accident waiting to happen lol!! But looks fun haha. Good post following!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uhu, thanks for opinion. Id rather stay away then :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alright, maybe a better version will be out some time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. the games are really fun, as kid I played them all day^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. ridiculous tricks make skate games fun... I heard shaun white's snowboarding game is supposed to be good.

    check my blog out man.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol skateboard simulator games.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahaha what a pathetic attempt at making profit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. heh I love skateboarding but Im not sure if that's the best businessidea... How much this simboard costs?

    ReplyDelete