Followers

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

F.E.A.R. 2


I got to say, I liked the first fear, it was a nice mix of fps action and the occasional spooky stuff that might send a slight chill down a persons spine.
It was such a wonderful thing, running up to soldiers and literally blowing them to bits with a shotgun from point blank range in slow motion as they kind of mist the air with their blood and body part chunks.
FEAR2 didn't disappoint to that end, I don't know if they're give you explosive rounds by default or what, but it just doesn't get old ripping people to shreds with a hailstorm of bullet in slow mo.
But as much as they seemed to up the fps action, it seems they were lacking in the actual fear part.
There was hardly anything scary at all in this installment (unless you think the occasional naked goth chick slowly walking around is scary.) it mostly just plays like a typical fps.

The enemies shown on the left here were kind of interesting when they were zipping around to fast for you to see them properly, and ripping apart enemy solders just off screen, but they ended up being more annoying then anything one you actually fight them I thought, I'm not sure if it's in all parts of the game, but there guys just seemed to spam indefinitely, after killing ten of them the first time they showed up I was sick of em already.


but anyway, over all, I'd say the games not half bad at all and kind of fun and worth a go if your pc is up to it.

21 comments:

  1. I love this game lol, BOOMHEADSHOT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only played about 10 minutes of the first game. My computer crashed on me right after the first "scary part." I need to reinstall that game soon. It's still so widely known and talked about. I'll definitely have to wait for the second installment since my computer is in the senior citizen range.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same boat as Angry Vegetarian, hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new follower - Please follow me back. For every follower that joins I will be releasing a Unicorn back into the wilds of the New Jersey boardwalk. So please do your part by joining and saving these special creatures. Thanks
    Thanks, Mr. Monkey

    http://laughingmonkeystick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man then they came out with all those wonky expansions. Man hope they fix things right with F.E.A.R. 3

    ReplyDelete
  6. i bought this game but it is not so scary

    ReplyDelete
  7. zombie looks like hes dancing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never actually tried the FEAR series, but I love a good scary game, so perhaps I'll give it a go. I lol'd at the picture though, I can imagine swarms of those pricks would get mighty irritating after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a big fan of the FEAR franchise; it's generally solid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't get through horror games man. My psyche isn't strong for that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not sure I'm gonna get this one. Watched my friend play but I just don't have enough time to fit videogames in anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't played this game, but I've heard mixed reviews. Still not sure on it. :\

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a little behind on my gaming, just started Resident evil 0 on my Game cube.

    fishbowl165-cafeconleche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. i've heard mixed things bout this game. I mean, I think its cool as just an FPS, but its really not scary from what i've seen, and there isn't really anything wrong with that. Hopefully they've just tried to make it a better FPS to bolster the part of it that I think is already pretty decent.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i agree that it's more important to improve the fps part than the scare factor...you need to have fun playing,killing enemies...it's a game after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. never played the original. was too pussy

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks interesting, that monster guy looks kinda funy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't played this yet, but I will soon.

    ReplyDelete