Followers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

mercenaries 2

I'm just gonna come strait out and say it, I thought mercenaries 2 was awesome.


I don't think it takes a rocket scientist here to figure out this game doesn't have a very deep story to it.
you're character is fucked over, and you're to get revenge.
That's pretty much the story here.
The real name of the game here is blow stuff up in an open world.

sure, it's true a lot of things about this game are stupid, wrong or just bad, like how you have better aim when not zoomed in, how they incorporated god damn quick time events, how unbelievably stupid ai can be, it's almost as if they're not just brain dead but suicidal.

Air Strikes man, air strikes are a very big part of this game, I swear they never shut up about the damn things and want you to use them all the damn time, but the problem with them is, all be it eye pleasing, they're highly unpractical.To use one, you pretty much have to run right up to who ever you want to use them on, you literally have to be within grenade tossing distance to use one, and once you do, they don't gave you very much time at all to get out of the area, you're pretty much running into an enemy base camp as they shoot at you, and asking your support to drop a big ass bomb right on top off you, then you gotta runaway before it hits where you were standing. I'm sorry but that's retarded, who calls down a nuke on top of themselves? well, the guys in this game is seems.
But even with it's problems, I found myself having tones of fun just running around blowing things up like an idiot.
That is after all what this game is all about, just having stupid mindless fun at the expense of everything that dares to get in your way.

One fun fact to note in this came is that you can literally destroy every single building in the game There's just so much to do in this game, so much to mess around with, especially with the helicopters, every single on of which comes with a winch for picking up cars or tanks or whatever. 
 Now get out there and drop some cars on Mexicans! ...Chinese or Allies.

21 comments:

  1. Love these kinds of games, but can never manage to beat them. I'll have to pick this one up when I'm done with Just Cause 2 and Red Faction Guerrilla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm outta the loop. Didn't even know there was a sequel :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was pretty good. But you should check out my page hell yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fun, I'll add it to my to play list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This game is so amazing in coop. check out my page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never played a Mercenaries game before, but I might give this a go, thanks for the review OP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Graphics ascpect isn't bad bra, it seems great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have yet to play the second one. However, I spent many many hours playing the first

    ReplyDelete
  9. just picked it up for cheap and i agree

    ReplyDelete
  10. i heard really mixed reviews about this game. personally, i enjoyed it too. thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. more alpha games coming your way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Borrowed it once from a friend. I cant say that it wasnt funny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. damn, how come I've never heard of this game. friggin sweet lookin!

    ReplyDelete